Still in place today, but difficult to achieve and even harder to come by, a spirit can only be labeled Bottled in Bond – by U.S. Government Supervision if it is:
- Produced from the same class of spirits and same class of materials (Rye berries and Rye Whiskey)
- Distilled in the same distilling season (Dec 2013) by the same distiller (Ashby Marshall) at the same distillery (Spirit Works Distillery)
- Stored for at least four (4) years in direct, full contact with wood (53 gal New Charred American Oak Barrels)
- Void of any addition, subtraction or modification
- Proofed to 100 proof with only pure water
- Bottled at 100 proof
Read the whole article here.